Why is Physical Therapy Better with Us?
Most physical therapy clinics have you working with multiple staff personnel; physical therapist, aide, assistant, student, etc. during your convalescence. Our Private Practice teams you up with a Doctor of Physical Therapy only. In fact, it is the same medical professional, Dr. John R. Martínez, PT, DPT, each and every visit. He learns about you and your medical challenge intimately in order to provide treatment that is specific to your individual needs.
What you should expect on your first day.
- You will be welcomed by Cheryl Martinez who will take care of all the non-medical aspects of your care, e.g. insurance, scheduling, billing, required forms, etc. Cheryl will escort you to a private room.
- Dr. Martinez will join you soon afterwards and spend some time getting to know you. He will ask detailed questions about the reason you need physical therapy and how you are feeling while dealing with your diagnosis.
- A comprehensive physical therapy examination will be performed specific to your situation and Dr. Martinez will explain his findings to you in detail. A treatment will be planned together and often initiated immediately with a home exercise program for you to perform later.
- Dr. Martinez will answer all of your questions and then walk with you back to Cheryl so you can schedule future treatment dates and times.
- After you leave Therapy Experts, Dr. Martinez will fax a very detailed report to your physician. This report will thoroughly explain everything that was performed during your visit along with his professional medical opinion and a treatment plan that will begin your recovery. A new report will be sent every 4-6 weeks in order for your physician to be kept up to date on your physical therapy treatment and progress.